Do you have a tree on your property that you treasure for Its size, shape, or age?
A tree with a special memory or splendid spring flowers?
Nomination form and Q&A are shown below.
Deadline for Submissions Extended to August 12th* TT Nomination Form Click Here to Download Nomination Form GTC-Treasured-Trees-Nomination-Form-revised-deadline
Thank you to everyone who entered the Awesome Tree Contest.
Congratulations to all the winners!
Winning entries can be seen Here
The Tree Doctors Are Coming!
Wednesday, March 31st,
5:30 – 6:15pm
You have questions and we have answers!
Join us for a panel discussion with
Licensed Landscape Architect, Member Town Greenscape Committee
Superintendent of Parks & Trees. Town Tree Warden.
Are you planning a landscape?
Concerned about disease
Feeding or Pruning.
Learn ways to better care for your trees.
Deadline to submit your questions is March 24th!
Submit to firstname.lastname@example.org
The Greenwich Tree Conservancy continues to plant, preserve and protect
Bruce Park Tree Walk
Sunday, March 21st 11 am
Please join Dr. Gregory Kramer for a walk through beautiful Bruce Park to enjoy its varied and majestic trees. Bruce Park is the first park to be mapped by GTC for our town wide ArbNet accredited Arboretum.
Maps can be found here – https://greenwichtreeconservancy.org/arboretum/
Dr. Kramer is Superintendent of Greenwich Parks and Trees and Town Tree Warden. Come with your questions for Dr. Kramer as he has over 25 years of horticulture work experience and holds a doctorate in plant medicine.
Space is limited due to current state regulations.
Registration required at email@example.com
To support the efforts of the Greenwich Tree Conservancy
US Premiere of Judi Dench: My Passion for Trees
Wednesday, March 4th
Avon Theatre, Stamford CT
GTC is thrilled to bring you Dame Judi Dench for this intimate and fascinating BBC production on the remarkable secret lives of trees. Filmed over the course of a year Judi joins tree scientists and historians to discover how trees feel, communicate, fight off invading armies and manage in extreme weather.
Join us for a 6:45pm reception followed by the 60 minute film screening and Q&A with Todd Forrest, VP for Horticulture & Living Collections at The New York Botanical Garden.
“I think of my trees as a part of my extended family” Judi Dench
Pre-Purchase Tickets Here
GTC supporters may use Avon member ticket price.
Greenwich Tree Conservancy in partnership with Greenwich Land Trust invites you for a Winter Walk: Trees Without Leaves
Trees Without Leaves Winter Tree Walk Monday, January 27th 1-3 PM On this guided walk through the 40-acre Lapham Preserve we will show you ways to look closer at the diverse features of bark, branchesand buds to understand better the rich varied winter landscape. Walk covers some mixed terrain. All ages are welcome. Sturdy, waterproof footwear along with warm clothes are recommended. No charge. Please sign-up HERE. Lapham Preserve: Entrance is between 85 & 95 Richmond Hill Road, Greenwich, CT 06831. Street parking available along the split rail fence.
BINNEY PARK TREE WALK Sunday, November 17th 2-4pm
Join Us for an afternoon stroll through beautiful Binney Park to view the fall foliage and recent improvements. Dr. Greg Kramer, Superintendent of Parks & Trees and Lisa Beebe, Curator of the Town Arboretum will guide and educate us. Family friendly and open to the public.
2019 Tree Party!
Yes, I want to attend the Tree Party!
- Birch $1,000 Per Person l donate securely
- Cedar $500 Per Person l donate securely
- Pine $250 Per Person l donate securely
- Spruce $150 Per Person l donate securely
Please click here to donate securely online.
Make a DonationUnable to attend but love trees?
Please click here to donate securely.
Do you know your Celtic Tree Sign?
Vote Yes on Question #2
Awesome Tree Contest Winners announced at Bruce Museum awards reception.
Many many thanks to everyone who participated!
Please click on image below to see full 10th Anniversary Brochure
How We Do It
- Through Private-Public Partnership with the Town of Greenwich
- Using the important Right Tree, Right Place concept
- Through our Commemorative and Memorial Tree Program
- Through our Shady Lanes Initiative focusing on specific roads
- With Arbor Day Tree Plantings
Educational Forums, Workshops, Speakers, Panels and Lectures
- Environmental Symposium: partnering with community organizations
- Forest Forensics: The Hidden Secrets of Forests, Tom Wessels
- Protecting Trees During Construction workshop
- Protect our Trees From Insects: Asian Long-horned Beetle workshop
- CT Noble Tree Program discussion and workshop
- The Book of Trees: Author Gina Ingoglia
- Forests and the Changing Climate: Science Lecture at Bruce Museum
- Solutions to Deforestation: Science Lecture at Bruce Museum
- The New England Forest Ecosystem: Science Lecture at Bruce Museum
- Power Struggle Panel: Balancing the Needs of People, Power & Trees
- Horticulturist Michael Dirr
- Tree Rings and the History they Reveal, Dendrologist, Neil Pederson
- Smithsonian Gardens Arborist Greg Huse
- Entomologist Doug Tallamy
- Homeowners and Realtors Workshop: Panel Discussion
Annual Arbor Day Tree Party at McArdle’s Greenhouse Educational Forums, Workshops, Speakers, Panels and Lectures
- Family Awesome Tree Photography Contests: 5 categories to which trees are nominated and awards given
- Branching Out Art Show: Artists created works inspired by trees in their selected mediums
- Mother Nature Children’s Show
Town Tree Walks:
- Bruce Park
- Binney Park
- Byram Park
- Babcock Preserve
- Montgomery Pinetum
- Audubon Greenwich
- Greenwich Point
- Great Captain’s Island
- Seven Bridges Foundation
Local and State Advocacy on behalf of Greenwich Residents
- Passed Town Tree Ordinance protecting trees on public lands
- Testify at Tree Hearings to protect local trees
- Utility testimony at PURA and
- Extensive testimony at Siting Council to protect trees in Bruce Park from underground cabling; only time Siting Council has ever ruled against Utility
- Member of State Vegetation Management Task Force
- Parking Parks: Green town parking lots
- Arboretum: Inventory and label town trees
- Garden Education Center
- Audubon Greenwich
- Greenwich Land Trust
- Greenwich Green and Clean
- Bruce Museum
- Greenwich Libraries
- League of Women Voters of Greenwich
- Greenwich Arts Council
- Greenwich United Way
- Greenwich Community Gardens
- Greenwich Garden Clubs
- Greenwich Point Conservancy
- Friends of Greenwich Point
- Commemorative Tree Program
- Why it is Important to Plant Trees
- What are my Tree Rights relating to Public Utilities?
- You can’t Unchop a Tree