8th Sunday afternoon Vernal Pool Walk with Denise Savageau & Michael Aurelia, Babcock Preserve
27th Arbor DayTree Party 6:30-8:30 McArdles Greenhouse.
Mid-May 2pm Sunday afternoon Tree Walk in Byram Park with Bruce Spaman.
17th Father’s Day Afternoon Open House 3-5pm at Garden Education Center with live music and a family scavenger hunt in the Pinetum.
GTC 2017- 10th Year CALENDAR
20 GTC Annual Board Meeting, 10:00 AM, Mazza Room
8 Winter Tree Walk:The Sugar Bush partnering with GLT; 10:30-12:30; Duck Pond Hill Preserve
11 Maple Tree Tapping; partnering with GLT; 1-3 PM; Mueller Preserve
17 GTC Board Meeting, 10:00 AM, Mazza Room
Sunday, April 8th Vernal Pool Walk with Denise Savageau & Michael Aurelia, Babcock Preserve.
Realtors Workshop at Sam Bridge
22 Earth Day celebrations
28 Arbor Day – Tree Party 6:30-8:30; McArdles Greenhouse
Mid-May Sunday afternoon Tree Walk in Byram Park with Bruce Spaman. 2pm.
19 GTC Board Meeting, 10:00 AM; Mazza Room, Town Hall
21 Reception and Announcement of Trails 2 and 3 of Town Arboretum with Tree Walk, Bruce Park; 2-4 PM
The Tree Conservancy Arboretum is Growing in Bruce Park Opening Ceremony and Tree Walk: Sunday, May 21st 2-4pm.
Please join us for a reception as we celebrate the expansion of our Arboretum Initiative in Bruce Park.
Refreshments and a tour of the new Arboretum extension with Town Tree Warden Bruce Spaman.
The growing Bruce Park Arboretum is the first phase of the Tree Conservancy’s vision for a town wide Arboretum enhancing all town parks with suitable plantings.
Sunday, June 17th 3-5pm – Father’s Day Afternoon Open House at Garden Education Center with live music and a family scavenger hunt in the Pinetum.
Greenwich Tree Conservancy Champion and Notable Tree Walk saturday, June 10th at 2pm
Bartlett Arboretum, 151 Brookdale Road, Stamford Ct.
Please join us for a tour of Bartlett Arboretum’s Champion and Notable Trees. Not often will a person find trees in Connecticut much older than 100 years. The Bartlett Arboretum has over 20 trees of notable or champion status, many of which were planted by F.A. Bartlett when the property was used as the research laboratory of the Bartlett Tree Company.
Tour will begin on the Homestead terrace. Please note that we have been asked to enter at the gatehouse on High Ridge Road and park in main parking lot to the right.
Rain date: Saturday, June 17th 2pm.
10th Anniversary Celebration Concert at the Seaside Garden at Greenwich Point Sunday, June 25th 5:30-6:30 PM
The Greenwich Tree Conservancy, in conjunction with the Friends of Greenwich Point and the Greenwich Point Conservancy, invite you to join us at our woodwind concert to celebrate trees.
The Madera Winds is a woodwind quintet that plays lively, upbeat and energetic music. The quintet features Janet Atherton, clarinet; Kerry Walker, flute; Rosemary Dellinger, bassoon; Ralph Kirmser, oboe; Zachary Glavan, horn.
The celebratory program will highlight the beauty and benefits of trees. A demonstration on how reeds are made will be included so bring your little musicians along!
Free of charge. Rain location TBD
22 GTC Board Meeting, 10:00 AM, Mazza Room, Town Hall
16 Awesome Tree Contest entry deadline.
22 Forest Bathing Tree Walk with Jeffrey Wyant 1-3pm Seven Bridges Foundation. Reservations required.
27 Awesome Tree Contest Finalists notified.
5 Tree Walk with Town Tree Warden Bruce Spaman 1:30pm – 3pm. Meet at Bruce Park Playground.
5 Awesome Tree Contest Awards Reception 3-5pm Bruce Museum, 1 Museum Drive, Greenwich.
- Sun. October 16, 2016, 2-4 PM: Seven Bridges Foundation: Art & Tree Walk with Bruce Spaman
- June 12, 2016 Greenwich Town Arboretum & Trail Opening Celebration at 4:30 pm. Details
- April 2, 2016 Panel Discussion at Sam Bridge Nursery.Details
- April 29, 2016 Tree Party at McArdle’s Greenhouse, 6:30 pm
- Seven Bridges Foundation: Art & Tree Walk with Bruce Spaman. Sunday, October 25th at 2 PM.Please note: we expect this event to be rescheduled.
- Doug Tallamy joins us to discuss The Living Landscape. Thursday, October 29th, 10 AM Audubon Greenwich. More.
- April 1, 2015 PURA Hearing.Details
- April 22, 2015 – 5% Day at Whole Foods. Details
- April 24, 2015— Arbor Day; Tree Planting Ceremony and Tree Party at McArdle’s Greenhouse.Click here for photos!
- March 26, 2015— Gregory Huse, Smithsonian Gardens Arborist & Tree Collection Manager, Lecture at GEC at 7 PM
- January 1, 2015 New Year’s Day Tree Walk at Montgomery Pinetum from 1-3 PM with Tree Warden Bruce Spaman More
- November 9, 2014 — Awesome Tree Contest Awards Ceremony More
- October 20, 2014 — Deadline for Nominations for Awesome Tree ContestMore
- October 2, 2014 — Board Trip to Seven Bridges, 5-7 PM
- Annual Tree Party April 25, 2014, McArdle’s Greenhouse.Click herefor photos
- Greenwich Tree Conservancy Tour of the New York Botanical GardensWednesday, October 23, 2013
Hosted by Todd Forrest, Arthur Ross Vice President for Horticulture and Living Collections at NYBG and author of the recently published Magnificent Trees of the New York Botanical Garden.
- Tree Rings and the History they RevealJanuary 24, 2013
Dendrologist Neil Pederson, PhD, Lamont Research Assistant Professor, Tree Ring Laboratory, Lamont-Doherty Earth Observatory, Columbia University.
In celebration of the Jewish New Year for Trees, Tu B’Shevat, Dr. Pederson lectured on how ancient trees and timbers from human structures are used to broaden our understanding of history. From the rise and fall of the Mongol Empire to the construction of buildings and boats locally and globally, trees are the environmental historians, which reveal events long faded from human memory and historical documents; including how the tree ring cores taken from the Bush-Holley house reveal its construction history.
Sponsored by the Greenwich Tree Conservancy, the Greenwich Historical Society, the Bruce Museum, and the Greenwich Reform Synagogue.
- Greenwich Tree Conservancy and The Garden Education Center present Michael A. Dirr LecturesMonday, April 8, 2013, 10 AM: What’s New in Viburnum & HydrangeaChrist Church Parish Hall, 254 East Putnam Avenue, Greenwich, CTTickets: $40.00 per lecture (or $75 for both morning and evening events)Please purchase tickets by going to: www.gecgreenwich.org/michaeldirr.html
- Greenwich Tree Conservancy and The Garden Education Center present Michael A. Dirr LecturesMonday, April 8, 2013, 6 PM: Book signing followed by lecture: In Praise of Noble TreesGreenwich Country Day School 401 Old Church Road Greenwich, CT 06830 Tickets: $40 per lecture (or $75 for both morning and evening events) Please purchase tickets by going to: www.gecgreenwich.org/michaeldirr.html
- Habitat Oases for Migrating Songbirds April 28, 2013, 2-4 PM
Montgomery Pinetum, 130 Bible Street, Cos Cob, CT Join Audubon’s Patrick Comins and Michelle Frankel for a special presentation and walk through Greenwich’s Montgomery Pinetum to learn about simple ways to enhance our backyards, school grounds and public parks to provide quality habitat for migrating songbirds.
Sponsored by Greenwich Tree Conservancy, Audubon Connecticut, Bruce Museum, and Garden Education Center
- SUMMER SOLSTICE PICNIC AND TREE WALK FRIDAY, JUNE 21, 2013, 6 PM to 8 PM
Celebrate the longest day of the year with the Greenwich Tree Conservancy at Greenwich Point. Join us for a bring-your-own picnic beginning at 6 PM at the Cow Barn picnic area (in event of storm we will meet at the Innis Arden Cottage). This will be followed by a tree walk, at 7 PM led by Superintendent of Parks and Trees, Bruce Spaman and Conservation Director, Denise Savageau. Learn about the importance of coastal forests as habitat and the challenges of maintaining this habitat relating to invasive species and storm events. The walk is free but reservations are necessary at firstname.lastname@example.org.